February 5, 2014
For the third consecutive year, Keyera has been ranked as one of the top places to work in Alberta. The designation recognizes employers across the province that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
Employers are compared to other organizations in their field to determine which offers the most progressive and forward-thinking programs. Employers that made the Top 65 list were evaluated on eight criteria:
- Physical Workplace
- Work Atmosphere & Social
- Health, Financial & Family Benefits
- Vacation & Time Off
- Employee Communications
- Performance Management
- Training & Skills Development
- Community Involvement
In particular, Keyera was recognized for:
- encouraging an ownership culture with a share purchase plan, available to all employees
- providing maternity leave top-up payments to new mothers and offering flexible hours for when they are ready to return to work
- maintaining a flexible health benefits plan that allows employees to customize levels of coverage to suit their personal needs
- helping employees stay physically fit with employee-led sports teams and a health club subsidy to help cover the costs of gym membership
- supporting ongoing employee education through tuition subsidies for courses taken at outside institutions
“We are a growing company with a wide range of opportunities,” said Dion Kostiuk, Keyera’s Vice President of Human Resources and Corporate Services. “We support career development and work-life balance, and have a strong commitment to working safely each and every day. We encourage drive and passion in our people and it is their teamwork and enthusiasm that makes Keyera a great place to work."
The 2014 winners were announced today in special features published in the Calgary Herald and the Edmonton Journal. The Top Employers 2014 survey was conducted by Mediacorp Canada Inc. in partnership with the Human Resources Institute of Alberta.